Wednesday 20 February 2013

Review - La Roche-Posay Cicaplat Baume B5.

Hello all!
 
A couple of weeks ago, I posted a little French Pharmacy Haul and this is the first full review of one of the products I bought - La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5.
 
 
It is described as a 'soothing repairing balm' and it is said to speed up the natural repairing of the skin. As I have mentioned, my skin is pretty dry and I read an article here which said that this moisturiser was great for winter skin, so I thought I would give it a try. It doesn't contain any parabens or perfumes so this is a great sign that it at least won't irritate my skin!
 
I apply a this twice daily, so in the morning and evening. I have found that the moisturiser does in fact leave my skin feeling soft and moisturised for most of the day - obviously if it is particularly windy or cold, dry patches do appear towards the end of the day but this is not everyday. The consistency is very pleasant - it's thick, yet it absorbs relatively quickly which is great in the mornings (who wants a shiny, moisturiser face?).
 
I bought the smaller version, a 40ml tube. I think it also comes in an 80ml tube. I think the smaller size is more convenient to be honest, and seeing as I do a lot of traveling, I don't want to be carrying around huge amounts of skincare! I do think that this will still last me quite a while - as I said, I use it twice daily and I haven't made much of a dint in the bottle. I usually use a blob about the size of my middle finger tip (precise measurement I know...).
 
I do think that this is a great winter/ cold weather moisturiser, and I have noticed that my skin doesn't get that tight feeling in the mornings if I have used this the night before. I do however think that it might be a bit much in summer for everyday use BUT because of the repairing qualities, I will definitely be taking a tube to Morocco to apply if (probably 'when') I get sunburnt as I think it would have a lovely, cooling effect.
 
Have you tried the Cicaplast Baume B5? What other La Roche-Posay products should I try?
 
xxx
 
La Roche-Posay is available at Boots. I bought this one in France for around 8euros.
 


4 comments:

  1. I've never used this brand before. I'll have to have a look when I'm in Boots next and see if there's anything to test out :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get quite dry patches so I think this product would be really good for me :) Will have to look out for it next time I'm out shopping! :) x

    http://www.beautyboxuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea go for it, let me know how you get on! If this doesn't work for you, I can recommend a tonne of other moisturisers too :) xxx

      Delete

Thank you so much for the comments, I love reading them! I also reply to each one, so do check back. If you have a question, feel free to leave your twitter handle so I can tweet you the answer! If you like my blog, please feel free to follow me via GFC, Bloglovin or Hello Cotton - whichever takes your fancy :) x